By 2025, Florida's Members Council on Library Services (MCLS), in collaboration with regional, state, federal, and private organizations, will be nationally recognized as a leader in dramatically improving student and faculty success; in leading technological innovation in higher education; in reducing the cost of higher education for students and the state; and in the assessment and accountability of those vital efforts.
1) Provide a common set of innovative learning tools, resources and services that measurably improve student academic success and workforce preparation for all higher education students in Florida.
2) Reduce the cost of education by publishing and integrating a shared collection of cost effective, sustainable resources such as next generation textbooks, open educational resources, and information databases.
3) Foster a culture of research and teaching excellence by providing integrated platforms for open access publication and provide Florida faculty with grant funding opportunities to develop shared resources.
4) Investigate and integrate disruptive technologies in higher education such as artificial intelligence and virtual reality that impact student and organizational success.
5) Be accountable to all stakeholders by integrating cutting edge assessment tools to collect and report usage of provided resources and services and correlate to established metrics of success.
The Members Council on Library Services (MCLS) is the ONLY organization in Florida's higher education system that consistently collaborates across all organizational boundaries including the State University System (SUS), Florida College System (FCS), the Florida Virtual Campus (FLVC), the Florida Academic Library Services Cooperative (FALSC), and other vital stakeholders such as Florida's State Library System.
Complex issues in higher education such as textbook affordability, open educational resource development, shared research and development, and technological innovation to improve student academic success cannot be addressed effectively by any single institution or division. These issues can only be effectively addressed through coordinated and collaborative efforts across all impacted organizations. The MCLS is the only organization in Florida that has a proven track record of consistent, collaborative efforts across all higher education institutions. Simply put: To be successful, the MCLS must take a strategic leadership role in fostering collaborative efforts for higher education innovation across the state of Florida.
|Student Academic Success||
|Reduce the cost of education||
|Research and Development||
|Assessment and Accountability||