Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What student positions are available at the LLC?
Two types of student positions are available in the Library and Learning Commons:
LLC Peer Tutor
- Provides one-on-one or small group tutoring to students in subject areas such as math, writing, science, foreign languages and computers
- Assists students in developing effective study skills and strategies
LLC Student Assistant
- Performs routine circulation duties, including checking out library materials, reserving study rooms, and shelving books
- Provides basic computer and printing support to students
Students in either position will deliver courteous, high-quality service to LLC users.
What are the eligibility requirements?
Your Library and Learning Commons locations are seeking student employees who meet the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at FSCJ
- Completed a FAFSA application for the current academic year
- Overall 2.0 college G.P.A.
- Peer tutors should have completed college-level coursework with a 3.0 G.P.A. or higher, in the subject in which they will tutor and/or demonstrate mastery of subject matter
- Must be in degree-seeking status (enrolled in an eligible degree program)
- Able to work 10 – 20 hours per week
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Be dependable, responsible, and organized
What are the benefits of working at the LLC?
- Extra money ($8.56/hour)
- A work schedule arranged around your class schedule
- References from your mentors for future employment
- Work experience that demonstrates academic achievement and ability to work in a team
Interested in applying?
Stop by in person or call the manager of any Library and Learning Commons location to discuss opportunities currently available. Opportunities may vary depending on the needs at each location.
The Library and Learning Commons provides robust and relevant information resources, instructional services, tutoring support, and student-centered facilities to foster academic success and life-long learning in a dynamic, information-rich educational environment.
The FSCJ LLC is a nationally recognized leader in the provision of cutting-edge library information resources, services, educational technologies and tutoring support that measurably improves student academic success.