Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is an Embedded Librarian?
Embedded librarians are enrolled in courses using the Canvas “Librarian” role. They appear among the students but have additional permissions to provide academic support. Here are the kinds of things an embedded librarian can offer virtually:
- Synchronous communication through Chat
- Live or recorded library orientations and specialized research instruction sessions
- Ungraded discussion posts providing relevant and timely information on:
- Citation styles
- How to request books and other material
- Finding peer-reviewed articles
- Searching for, evaluating, and using course-specific resources
Embedded Librarian Handout
Schedule an Embedded Librarian
The buttons below link to a "library orientation form" on which one of the options is to embed a librarian in a course.
This page was created by FSCJ Librarians:
Dawn Ady - Elisabeth Ball - Amber Strickland