Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
American Sign Language
Image sources: love heart form hands keep sky by pixabay user ollis_picture Used under CC0
ASL Lab Location and Hours
The ASL Lab is located on South Campus on the first floor of the G Building (G102). Their phone number is 646-2392. Please call to verify their hours.
- FSCJ ASL/English Interpreting (A.S.) LibGuide has print and electronic resources for the Interpreting program.
- Fingerspelling From John A. Logan College pattern spelling.
- Handspeak "Handspeak offers: American Sign Language (ASL), online dictionary, ASL grammar, ASL storytelling and poetry, manual alphabet (fingerspelling)...tutorials and articles by ASL natives."
- Lesson Tutor Index of free articles, reproducible lesson plans, and printable worksheets for teaching and learning American Sign Language(asl) and Signed English(se).
- National Association of the Deaf NAD is a non-profit organization designed to empower Deaf and Hard of Hearing Individuals. This site covers much of what the NAD believes in.
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) Supports and conducts research in, and distributes information on, the disorders of human communication, including hearing, balance, smell, taste, voice, and more.
- Signing Savvy The web site offers free (ad-supported) access to basic sign video features and paid access to premium member features.
- American Sign Language Dictionary This ASL dictionary has over 5,600 ASL words (and growing) including variations plus extra counts of ASL phrases, stories, and more. These words are signed accurately and naturally by the fluent ASL natives.
- American Sign Language University American Sign Language University is a sign language resource site for ASL students and teachers. Here you will find information and resources to help you learn ASL and improve your signing.