Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to FYE@FSCJ!
Welcome to FYE! This First Year Experience guide offers additional resources to help build your understanding of the FSCJ college environment, the value of learning, career exploration information, and links to valuable college resources to support you on your journey! This guide is built to support IDS 1107.
The "Ask Us!" links will connect you to an FSCJ librarian, who can help direct you to library materials to support your academic success at FSCJ.
IDS 1107 Learning Objectives
After successfully completing IDS 1107, students will be able to:
- Describe a work ethic for success in college and career
- Identify personal and professional growth resources within the college culture
- Employ effective interpersonal communication skills
- Apply critical and creative thinking skills
- Understand metamajor pathways and general education disciplines
- Complete an academic degree plan
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of information literacy requirements
- Demonstrate effective planning for a future career
IDS Faculty - Schedule Workshops
IDS 1107 Faculty should use the Faculty tab of this guide for more information on assessment, service learning opportunities, and scheduling co-curricular programming for your class.