Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Florida Virtual Campus (FLVC), A Complete Florida Plus program, is made up of several units which provide statewide innovative educational services for Florida's K-adult students. Working collaboratively with Florida’s 12 public universities, 28 public colleges, K-12 school districts, and other partners, FLVC provides free services to help students go to college, succeed in school, prepare for career success, and in life after graduation.
The purpose of FLVC is to:
- Provide information regarding and access to distance learning courses and degree programs offered by public postsecondary education institutions within Florida.
- Coordinate with the Florida College System and the State University System to identify and provide online academic support services and resources when the multi-institutional provision of such services and resources is more cost effective or operationally effective.
- Administer the Florida Academic Library Services Cooperative established in s. 1006.73 and consult with the chancellors of the Florida College System and the State University System regarding the implementation and operations of the cooperative.
- Facilitate degree completion for the state’s adult learners through the Complete Florida Degree Initiative.
Next-Generation Integrated Library System
FALSC and Florida’s public postsecondary libraries are in the middle of a transition to a next-generation ILS. This multi-year effort marks the largest transition to an integrated academic library catalog/discovery system in Florida’s history.
The Florida Academic Library Services Cooperative (FALSC) is a unit under FLVC. FALSC operates the integrated library system (ILS) used by public college and university libraries statewide – 40 institutions and more than 150 campus libraries – along with a shared catalog and a statewide collection of online journals, e-books, and other valuable e-resources. FALSC’s products and services are available to assist nearly 1.3 million students, faculty, and staff across Florida.
FALSC was established as a division of the Florida Virtual Campus by state statute in 2014. FLVC was created under statute in 2012 through the consolidation of four statewide organizations: the College Center for Library Automation (CCLA), the Florida Center for Library Automation (FCLA), the Florida Center for Advising and Academic Support (FCAAS), and the Florida Distance Learning Consortium (FDLC).
- FALSC’s products and services are supported by librarians, developers, and technical staff who are dedicated to enhancing the library and learning experience of Florida's students. Key services include:
- Management and maintenance of the statewide collection of e-resources available to students at all 40 public colleges and universities.
- A shared catalog of library holdings, enabling students to search for materials owned by any college or university in Florida.
- A sophisticated integrated library system (ILS) used by libraries to manage their local collections.
- Negotiation and procurement of e-resources for individual institutions through a group licensing process.
- In-person training and consultation on FALSC products and services, in addition to convenient online webinars, instruction, and self-paced training for all college and university libraries.
- A centralized, statewide Help Desk providing user and technical support for all FALSC library services.