Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
With the LTS department serving all 7 libraries throughout the FSCJ system, there is seldom ever extended periods of "downtime."
Below are the daily/weekly tasks that the LTS department completes each week:
- Cataloging of new materials (rush requests take priority)
- Fixing "red flag" items from the book vendor - these books are usually missing a call number of need additional processing and record updating.
- Finalizing acquisition orders - fixing mistakes in record loads
- Answering questions and solving problems with the catalog database - generally personnel at the campus report issues they come across with new or existing items
- Running overdue and lost notices for the college
- Batch deleting withdrawn items out of the catalog
- Updating serial records in Aleph and in OCLC
Towards the end of the Fall 2017 semester, library staff across the system collaborated with FLVC staff members to create and maintain a website for our digital college archives.The LTS department created the metadata templates for each publication. Later, they wrote training materials and provided in person training to staff at the Deerwood and South locations who then uploaded hundreds of issues of The Campus Voice and Kalliope.
Check out our Islandora site to view the collection - more items will continue to be added.
Check out our stats, updated at the beginning of each month.