Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Cataloging Ticket Procedures
Cataloging Ticket Procedures
Here is a sample Cataloging Ticket for the Downtown Campus. The form is basically the same for each campus, with some minor differences (Campus name ; Rev. date/paper color). The form has two major sections of information.
Section B – Filled out by Acquisitions Staff on each campus
- Circle the material type of the item
- Optional: If someone affiliated with FSCJ wrote the item, please circle their role
- Title: Write the title of the item (Main part of title is required - subtitle is optional)
- Optional: Author/Editor (Last name only is ok)
- Optional: ISBN
- Optional: In the blank space, enter any instructions or information you think will be helpful for Cataloging
- Optional: If additional information needs to be noted, it can be written in the middle open space under ISBN.
- Optional: If you do not wish the item to be sent out on ILL and/or if you do not want it to be checked out, check the box next to each statement.
- Collection: Circle the collection where this title will be located at your campus
- RUSH: Circle RUSH when the title is needed ASAP.
- Optional “For”: Enter name of person you want to be notified. LTS will return a note with this name so you will have it available quickly when the item is returned to you. LTS does not do the notification.
- Optional: NOTIFY only, but not needed ASAP.
- Brief Record: Circle Brief Record if you added a brief record for an item that was not in the catalog.
- Gift: Circle Gift for items donated to the library.
- PPR: Circle PPR if public performance rights are included with film purchase.
- # copies: If the number of copies for the order is 2 or more, enter the number.
- Enter the Purchase Order Line (POL) for the item.
- Date/Initials: Enter the date and your initials on the form.
- Place the ticket in the book/item, with “Section B” (right side of form with RUSH)
Section A – Filled out Technical Services Staff
Section A is used as a worksheet for cataloging items for each campus.
- Call #: Write the call number of the item.
- New to FSCJ: Circle if no other FSCJ location owns this title
- New to Aleph: Circle if no other college in Aleph owns this title and this record is new to Aleph.
- Jacket: Circle if the book has a jacket to be covered with Mylar film.
- DLC Record: Circle if record is from the Library of Congress.
- Original Record: Circle when an original record was created for item.
- Record Exported: Circle when a record was exported/updated from bibliographic utility in Aleph.
- OCLC Holding Set: Circle when the holding in OCLC has been added for FSCJ.
- OPAC Note: Enter display note for OPAC. (Ex: FSCJ Faculty Author ; This copy lacks accompanying CD; Not for interlibrary loan (used for PPR items)).
- CIRC Note (created pop-up message in CIRC module): Enter desc./number of pieces per barcode.
(Ex: LOOK FOR: 2 DVDs ; LOOK FOR: 1 Book + 1 CD-ROM).
- Internal Note: Enter note for library use only. (Ex: Signed by author ; FSCJ Faculty Author ; Boxed set split).
- Enum.1/Enum.2: Used for volumes and multi-piece sets.