Cataloging Ticket Procedures
Here is a sample Cataloging Ticket for the Downtown Campus. The form is basically the same for each campus, with some minor differences (Campus name ; Rev. date/paper color). The form has two major sections of information.
Section A is for Technical Services.
Section B is for Acquisitions.
<-------------- Section A ------> <---------------------------------------- Section B ----------------------------------------->
Section B – Filled out by Acquisitions Staff on each campus
- Circle the material type of the item
- Optional: If someone affiliated with FSCJ wrote the item, please circle their role
- Title: Write the title of the item (Main part of title is required - subtitle is optional)
- Optional: Author/Editor (Last name only is ok)
- Optional: ISBN
- Optional: In the blank space, enter any instructions or information you think will be helpful for Cataloging
- Optional: If you do not wish the item to be sent out on ILL and/or if you do not want it to be checked out, check the box next to each statement.
- Collection: Circle the collection where this title will be located at your campus
- RUSH: Circle RUSH when the title is needed ASAP.
- Optional “For”: Enter name of person you want to be notified. LTS will return a note with this name so you will have it available quickly when the item is returned to you. LTS does not do the notification.
- Optional: NOTIFY only, but not needed ASAP.
- Aleph Sys#: Enter the Aleph bib-record system number for the title.
- Circle BRIEF REC when a brief ACQ-CREATED record has been added. (Cataloging needed)
- Note: If brief ACQ-CREATED record was created, please enter info in ALL CAPS.
- Aleph Order#: Enter the Aleph Order number for the title.
- Gift: Circle Gift for items donated to the library.
- PPR: Circle PPR if public performance rights are included with film purchase. If additional information needs to be noted, it can be written in the middle open space under ISBN.
- # copies: If the number of copies for the order is 2 or more, enter the number.
- Date/Initials: Enter the date and your initials on the form.
- Place the ticket in the book/item, with “Section B” (right side of form with RUSH) trailing out at the top of the item. It’s most important that LTS see the RUSH items first.
Section A – Filled out Technical Services Staff
Section A is used as a worksheet for cataloging items for each campus.
- Call #: Write the call number of the item.
- New to FSCJ: Circle if no other FSCJ location owns this title
- New to Aleph: Circle if no other college in Aleph owns this title and this record is new to Aleph.
- Jacket: Circle if the book has a jacket to be covered with Mylar film.
- DLC Record: Circle if record is from the Library of Congress.
- Original Record: Circle when an original record was created for item.
- Record Exported: Circle when a record was exported/updated from bibliographic utility in Aleph.
- OCLC Holding Set: Circle when the holding in OCLC has been added for FSCJ.
- OPAC Note: Enter display note for OPAC. (Ex: FSCJ Faculty Author ; This copy lacks accompanying CD; Not for interlibrary loan (used for PPR items)).
- CIRC Note (created pop-up message in CIRC module): Enter desc./number of pieces per barcode.
(Ex: LOOK FOR: 2 DVDs ; LOOK FOR: 1 Book + 1 CD-ROM).
- Internal Note: Enter note for library use only. (Ex: Signed by author ; FSCJ Faculty Author ; Boxed set split).
- Enum.1/Enum.2: Used for volumes and multi-piece sets.