Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Stop by the Library and Learning Commons
We have Writing Lab tutors to help you!
FSCJ Tutoring Services
FSCJ offers free face-to-face and online tutoring to support our students in many academic areas.
Use Brainfuse for Paper Review
If you cannot meet with a Writing Lab tutor, then remember that you can submit a paper to Brainfuse for review.
Brainfuse is an online tutoring service that you can access through the link under Useful Links in myFSCJ.
The Online Tutoring page has more information on how to access and use Brainfuse.
Paperrater.com - This online editor/proofreader helps you to improve the style and readability of your paper.
Reasons to Use Paper Rater
- It's simple - just copy and paste your essay in the box below
- View detailed stats about word choice, grammar, spelling, and more
- Your manuscript will be analyzed immediately in real-time
Online Editor from ProQuest Research Companion
Revision Aid from ProQuest's Research Companion
Simply paste a draft of your paper in the box at the link above to highlight the following:
- passive constructions
- sentences that may be too long for easy reading
- words that may be misused
- phrases that may be covering up inadequate evidence, poor organization, or a forced transition